- Finance & Budget
The Purchasing Agent handles all major purchases for the City of Frankfort, equipment inventory and surplus property sales.
The City's purchasing practices are as follows:
- Each department has the authority to purchase items without a purchase order for all items $1,000 or less
- Material / Services in excess of $5,000 up to $19,999.99 require 3 written quotations
- Purchases in excess of $1,000 up to $5,000 require 3 verbal quotes or valid published price list verification
All purchases $20,000 or more require competitive sealed bids. Request for bids are advertised in Frankfort's local news publication after being authorized by the Board of Commissioners.
Local preference will be given when a business meets the requirements included in Ordinance Number 9 and has a current local preference application on file with the Purchasing Agent's office. A "local business" means a business which:
- Has been certified as a local business pursuant by the Purchasing Agent
- Has an office or place of business located within Frankfort or Franklin County
- Is subject to the occupational license fee imposed by the City of Frankfort or Franklin County and which filed an occupational license fee return in the name of such business for 2 years immediately preceding the year in which the contract is to be awarded
The City does not have a formal bid list. Vendors / suppliers desiring to do business with the City may provide information about services/products for informational purchases to the Purchasing Department and may receive a request for bid on future procurement transactions.
The City of Frankfort lists all surplus inventory for auction on the GovDeals website at various times throughout the year.
Current Bids, Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals