If the answer to the above questions is "Yes" then you can use the online reporting system. If you answered "No" to any of the questions, call 911 to report your incident.
Crimes to Report
The following crimes can be reported using the online reporting system:
- Criminal Mischief / Vandalism Under $1,000
- Fraud Use Credit / Debit Card Under $500 Within six Months
- Harassment / Harassing Communications
- Lost or Damaged Property
- Thefts Under $500
To use the system, you will create an account to file your first report. Save the account information for future use and to print draft copies of your report for free. If you choose, you can obtain an official copy of the report via the State of Kentucky's BuyCrime website after the report review process has occurred.
Completing the Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a draft copy of the police report to keep for your records
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed. The document is not an official report until the review process has been completed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.